Johnson University is committed to ensuring a safe living and learning environment on both campuses. This includes:
- Campus patrols by campus security and professional security companies
- Well-lit walkways and parking lots
- Limited access to JUTN residence halls (limited to students, approved campus staff, and guests)
- Individually-assigned keycards for JUFL apartments, the Student Union Building, and other exterior doors
- Resident Assistants on both campuses; in Tennessee they live in the dorms and on the Florida campus they visit student apartments each evening
- Emergency response plans
- Monitoring of incoming and outgoing traffic and mandatory vehicle registration for students, faculty, and staff
Johnson University is committed to assisting all members of the JUTN, JUFL, and JUOnline community in providing for their own safety and security. The annual security and fire safety compliance documents are available here.
The website and combined report contain information regarding campus security and personal safety, including topics such as crime prevention, fire safety, authority of security personnel, crime reporting policies, disciplinary procedures, and other matters of importance related to security and safety on campus. They also contain information about crime statistics for the three previous calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Johnson University Tennessee, and on public property within or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus.
This information is required by law and is provided by the Johnson University Tennessee Student Life Office.