Johnson University Florida invites applications for the part-time position of Student Accounts Advisor. Applicants for this position should submit a cover letter, resume/CV, and the names and contact information for three personal references to . Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Title: Student Accounts Advisor, JUFL
Administrative Area: Business Office
Reports to: Student Accounts Manager, JUTN
Classification: Part time, hourly, no benefits
The individual must be a detail-oriented, highly skilled professional. The successful candidate is responsible for providing guidance to students and parents regarding all aspects of their student account. The individual is also responsible to assist the Student Account Manager with managing student balances. Lastly, this individual strives to ensure that students and/or parents experience excellent service and understand their student account bill.
- Associate degree or equivalent in an area with focus in accounting/finance, business management, or counseling.
- One or more years of experience in a student financial services-related department or comparable experience.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the operation, accuracy, and oversight of student accounting processes. This includes billing, refund requests, payment plan administration, filing, and communicating payment options and deadlines.
- Provide financial counseling for parents and students regarding payment options and payment plans with the authority to negotiate special payment arrangements.
- Work hand-in-hand with the Financial Aid office to ensure financial aid is correct on student accounts.
- Using clear and understandable communication, must ensure all problems and questions from students and/or parents regarding student finances are resolved in a timely manner.
- Responsible to ensure all students make financial arrangements prior to starting classes.
- Responsible to be in compliance with internal policies and procedures and governmental regulations. This requires the ability to comprehend and apply professional judgment in interpretation of regulations.
- Responsible to reach out to students and/or parents to initiate the settling of student account balances in escalated or special situations under the direction of the supervisor.
- Minimize the bad debt expense incurred by the University, by reaching out to current/former students (sending certified letters, making phone calls, sending follow-up emails, etc.)
- Manage special projects as assigned.
- Compile data and assist with the assembly of 1098-T IRS forms.
- Supervise student workers.
- Assist team members when necessary to enable the success of the department.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate sensitive and/or complex information in a confidential and straightforward manner.
- Must be a creative problem solver. Must have the ability to data-mine to extract data to support opinions and/or resolutions.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office and experienced in financial database systems.
- Must possess a high level of accuracy, self-motivation, strong attention to detail, and the ability to handle a heavy workload.
- Familiarity with academic environment, policies, and procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to organize and prioritize multiple complex projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Must be willing to work additional hours when necessary.
This position is primarily sedentary, working at a desk in a climate-controlled office. Some standing, walking, bending will be required to maintain files and obtain information.
Equal Employment Opportunity Provider
Johnson University is a Christian university affiliated with Christian churches and churches of Christ. Its mission is to educate students for “Christian ministries and other strategic vocations framed by the Great Commission in order to extend the kingdom of God among all nations.” Accordingly, Johnson University seeks to hire and educate individuals who share its vision and core values to carry out that mission. Johnson University does not unlawfully discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment practices.
Johnson University does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information, political affiliation, or disability–if such disability may be accommodated without undue hardship—in provision of educational opportunities, programs and activities, or employment opportunities and benefits, pursuant to the requirements of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and subsequent amendments to that act, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972 and subsequent re-authorization of that act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and subsequent amendments to that act.
The University, however, reserves the right under those provisions to make certain employment decisions based on religion, marital status, or sex consistent with the University’s religious beliefs when establishing qualifications for certain positions. Further, as a Christian ministry, the University retains the right to select those who serve in ministerial positions, as that term has been defined by the courts in the context of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, based on criteria established by the University without regard to Title VII, Title IX, or any other federal, state, or local law governing the employment relationship.