Johnson University is seeking a dynamic and skilled Sports Information Director to join our team. The Sports Information Director will play a crucial role in promoting and enhancing the visibility of our athletic programs while ensuring accurate and timely dissemination of sports-related information to internal and external stakeholders. In addition, the Sports Information Director will oversee and help develop the game day production. Applicants for this position should submit a resume, cover letter, and a portfolio of relevant work to [email protected].
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Media Relations: Develop and maintain positive relationships with local and national media outlets. Coordinate media coverage for athletic events and programs.
- Content Creation: Create engaging and compelling content, including press releases, feature stories, and social media posts, to highlight achievements, events, and news related to Johnson University athletics.
- Website Management: Oversee the sports section of the university website, ensuring that it is up-to-date with relevant information, scores, schedules, and player profiles.
- Social Media Management: Manage and update social media accounts to promote sports events, engage with the community, and showcase the accomplishments of our student-athletes.
- Statistical Analysis: Maintain accurate and detailed statistics for all athletic programs. Provide statistical information to coaches, media, and conference officials as needed.
- Game-day Operations: Coordinate game-day operations, including the game day setup, press releases, and post-game interviews. Ensure a smooth and professional experience during events.
- Photography and Videography: Work with photographers and videographers to capture high-quality images and videos for promotional and archival purposes.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in using content management systems and social media platforms.
- Knowledge of statistical software and experience with sports statistics.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, Sports Management, Journalism, or a related field.
- Previous experience in sports information, media relations, or a related role is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Provider
Johnson University is a Christian university affiliated with Christian churches and churches of Christ. Its mission is to educate students for “Christian ministries and other strategic vocations framed by the Great Commission in order to extend the kingdom of God among all nations.” Accordingly, Johnson University seeks to hire and educate individuals who share its vision and core values to carry out that mission. Johnson University does not unlawfully discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment practices.
Johnson University does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information, political affiliation, or disability–if such disability may be accommodated without undue hardship—in provision of educational opportunities, programs and activities, or employment opportunities and benefits, pursuant to the requirements of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and subsequent amendments to that act, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972 and subsequent re-authorization of that act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and subsequent amendments to that act.
The University, however, reserves the right under those provisions to make certain employment decisions based on religion, marital status, or sex consistent with the University’s religious beliefs when establishing qualifications for certain positions. Further, as a Christian ministry, the University retains the right to select those who serve in ministerial positions, as that term has been defined by the courts in the context of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, based on criteria established by the University without regard to Title VII, Title IX, or any other federal, state, or local law governing the employment relationship.
About Johnson University
For over 125 years, Johnson University has been a leader among historic faith-based colleges. The university offers over 70 associates, bachelor’s, master’s and Ph.D. programs on our Kissimmee, FL, Knoxville, TN, and online campuses. Johnson’s vision to bring glory to God and hope to the world is rooted in our deep historic commitment to the values of Christian community. Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to and whole-hearted embrace of the University’s mission, vision, and statement of faith.