Earning a Master of Arts in Teaching requires meeting several student teaching and licensure requirements. To earn a teaching license in the state of Tennessee, graduates must:
- Earn the minimum score set by the state of Tennessee on each part of the PRAXIS II test
- Earn the minimum score of a 42 on their edTPA Portfolio
- Successfully complete a 6-credit student teaching placement in a Partnership School approved by Johnson University, earning a minimum grade of B-
- Receive a satisfactory evaluation by a Partnership School mentor
- Be recommended for licensure by the Templar School of Education
- Satisfy any other licensure requirements mandated by the state of Tennessee. Requirements frequently change and candidates must meet requirements in effect at the time of their graduation. These requirements may be different from those in effect at the time they entered Johnson University or those detailed in the academic catalog. Students should check with the Templar School of Education regarding current licensure requirements.