Graduate and Online Admissions Counselor and Summer Event Coordinator
The Admissions Office functions on a management team concept with the Chief Admissions Officer serving as head of the team, with each team member carrying full responsibility for their defined area. Each area supports and encourages one another, yet in a very real sense, is a separate entity unto itself.
Applicants for this position should submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references via email to , Chief Admissions Officer. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
It is the responsibility of the Graduate and Online Admissions Counselor and Summer Event Coordinator to represent Johnson University both on and off-campus. This position will serve to support the development goals set by the Director of Graduate Admissions and the Chief Admissions Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit students to Johnson University graduate and online programs
- Respond to any communication (emails/phone calls/texts) in a quick and professional manner
- Advise prospective students and applicants regarding their application and enrollment at Johnson University
- Process applicant paperwork, maintain paperwork and applicant files
- Communicate regularly with prospects and applicants, documenting all communication
- Evaluate application files and make recommendations to the Director of Graduate Admissions and Program Director for final decision
- Plan and organize travel to recruitment events as necessary
- Coordinate faculty recruitment visits to other college campuses as necessary
- Support the department by organizing and hosting graduate admissions informational and recruitment events
- Develop strategic initiatives and creative ways to reach prospective students
- Maintain monthly recruitment goals and provide reporting as requested
- Coordinate updates and inventory for promotional materials and displays
- Support marketing, communication, and enrollment strategies through coordination of initiatives with program directors.
- Maintain communication flow content for prospective students through enrollment
- Maintain high visibility and build awareness of Johnson University in appropriate industries
Summer Event Coordinator
- Work with Director of Operations and Chief Admissions Officer to host and coordinate planning for summer campus events and help facilitate contractual details
- Coordinate summer recruitment events including but not limited to reserving rooms, campus venues, and resources well in advance of events
- Schedule event dates that coordinate with other campus events, departments, and our academic calendar
- Communicate regularly with group event contacts and document all communication
- Summer events include, but are not limited to, CIY, Bible Bowl, and Park Chapel
- Research and create additional summer event opportunities both on and off-campus within the greater Knoxville area and region.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; to establish positive public relations for Johnson University; and to interact effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Discretion and good judgment are essential, as the admissions counselor reviews sensitive admission materials and communicates policy and procedure.
- Ability to manage stress in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment, and to manage a high volume of work that is prioritized daily.
- Ability to resolve problems and to develop relevant alternatives and recommendations.
- Excellent customer service and interactive skills.
- High level of accuracy and organization. Attention to detail is imperative.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Efficient and accurate use of Microsoft applications
- Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Evenings and weekends occasionally required
- Local and regional travel as necessary
- Working at a desk in a climate-controlled office
- Willingness and ability to travel; a valid driver’s license, able to lift and carry marketing/promotional materials (up to 30lbs)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Johnson University is a Christian university affiliated with Christian churches and churches of Christ. Its mission is to educate students for “Christian ministries and other strategic vocations framed by the Great Commission in order to extend the kingdom of God among all nations.” Accordingly, Johnson University seeks to hire and educate individuals who share its vision and core values to carry out that mission. Johnson University does not unlawfully discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment practices.
Johnson University does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information, political affiliation, or disability–if such disability may be accommodated without undue hardship—in provision of educational opportunities, programs and activities, or employment opportunities and benefits, pursuant to the requirements of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and subsequent amendments to that act, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972 and subsequent re-authorization of that act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and subsequent amendments to that act.
The University, however, reserves the right under those provisions to make certain employment decisions based on religion, marital status, or sex consistent with the University’s religious beliefs when establishing qualifications for certain positions. Further, as a Christian ministry, the University retains the right to select those who serve in ministerial positions, as that term has been defined by the courts in the context of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, based on criteria established by the University without regard to Title VII, Title IX, or any other federal, state, or local law governing the employment relationship.