Director of Undergraduate Admissions and Recruitment
Johnson University Florida invites applications for a full-time Director of Undergraduate Admissions and Recruitment. Reporting to the Chief Admissions Officer, this position provides strategic and operational leadership to a results-oriented recruitment and enrollment program. This person will be an innovative and enthusiastic leader, supervisor, and collaborator with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Applicants for this position should submit a cover letter, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references via email to . Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide vision and forward-looking leadership for admissions and enrollment.
- Develop and implement policies and coordinate with other University personnel as necessary.
- Work collaboratively with Financial Aid, Student Accounts, Student Life, Registrar’s Office and Athletics to provide efficient and effective customer service for new students.
- Establish annual and long-range enrollment goals.
- Develop an annual recruitment plan for undergraduate admissions. Evaluate the ongoing effectiveness of the recruitment plan.
- Work with admissions counselors and staff to craft targeted recruitment initiatives and concepts.
- Create and analyze recruitment-related data, reports, and other qualitative information.
- Approve/deny completed admissions files of undergraduate candidates after admissions counselors provide recommended admission decisions.
- Collaborate with Chief Admissions Officer regarding applicants needing further review.
- Assess and recommend accurate recruitment materials (university viewbooks, fast facts, academic program sheets, visit brochures, various mailings, etc.) that follow the academic catalog, style guide and identity package for Johnson University.
- Recommend and implement departmental procedures that maximize operational efficiency and provide timely communication to prospective students. This includes a working knowledge of the campus software system (currently Jenzabar EX).
- Oversee campus events designed for recruitment and exposure of teens to the Johnson University Florida campus (Preview Days, Wonder, Rising Suns, Genesis Weekend, youth group visits, etc.)
- Oversee summer recruitment team selection and training for summer camps and CIY events.
- Manage and motivate the admissions staff on a day-to-day basis to ensure a high level of performance.
- Assist with developing an annual budget of admissions revenue and expenditures with the Chief Admissions Officer. Approve all purchasing requests within the guidelines of the business office and admissions office purchasing procedures for the undergraduate team.
- Attend conventions, meetings, and conferences as necessary to maintain knowledge of existing and new admissions and recruiting policies, practices and procedures.
- Ensure admission procedures are up-to-date and implemented.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree or work toward master’s degree preferred, along with five or more years of progressively responsible higher education admissions experience or related sales experience.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to formulate and articulate policies, procedures, expectations, and practices.
- Possess strong decision-making ability and skills to prioritize competing opportunities and needs.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and time management skills.
- Management and/or supervisory experience required.
- Familiarity with a student information system and an understanding of the role of technology in recruitment operations are key to success in this position.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Willingness and ability to travel; a valid driver’s license, able to lift and carry marketing/promotional materials (up to 30 lbs.)
Equal Employment Opportunity Provider
Johnson University is a Christian university affiliated with Christian churches and churches of Christ. Its mission is to educate students for “Christian ministries and other strategic vocations framed by the Great Commission in order to extend the kingdom of God among all nations.” Accordingly, Johnson University seeks to hire and educate individuals who share its vision and core values to carry out that mission. Johnson University does not unlawfully discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment practices.
Johnson University does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information, political affiliation, or disability–if such disability may be accommodated without undue hardship—in provision of educational opportunities, programs and activities, or employment opportunities and benefits, pursuant to the requirements of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and subsequent amendments to that act, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972 and subsequent re-authorization of that act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and subsequent amendments to that act.
The University, however, reserves the right under those provisions to make certain employment decisions based on religion, marital status, or sex consistent with the University’s religious beliefs when establishing qualifications for certain positions. Further, as a Christian ministry, the University retains the right to select those who serve in ministerial positions, as that term has been defined by the courts in the context of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, based on criteria established by the University without regard to Title VII, Title IX, or any other federal, state, or local law governing the employment relationship.