Admissions Administrative Assistant
The Admissions Office at Johnson University is seeking a full-time administrative assistant. Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and three references to . The admissions office functions on a management team concept with the Chief Admissions Officer serving as head of the team with each team member carrying full responsibility for their defined area. Each area supports and encourages one another, yet in a very real sense, is a separate entity unto itself.
Support Admissions office operations by maintaining office systems and supervising student workers. Manage office procedures, working to improve communication with prospective students. Provide support to the director of admissions. Project a professional image that aligns with the mission and purpose of Johnson University through in-person and phone interaction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer phones, provide customer service, and transfer to appropriate staff members.
- Meet and greet campus visitors.
- Create and modify documents using Microsoft Office.
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system.
- Enter any data into recruiting software, i.e. transcripts, high school information, test scores.
- Maintain office supplies, reordering materials as needed.
- Process daily incoming mail and distribute it to appropriate team members.
- Process initial applied letters for new applicants.
- Process accepted letters for new applicants daily.
- Process ready to enroll applicant folders for Admissions team members.
- Update electronic candidate files for team members who may be out of the office.
- Process appropriate student correspondence, informing them of scholarship awards or updates.
- Run the Daily Procedures through Jenzabar and ensure that all communications are going out in a timely manner.
- Conduct final check of student folder/electronic file to ensure quality of file to complete the registration process.
- Train, mentor, and supervise student workers, delegating and coordinating work tasks.
- Monitor the [email protected] email inbox, answering emails in a timely and professional manner.
- Report applicant information to NACCAP and TICUA.
- Create and maintain training notebook or reference manual for new employees.
- Support the director in orientation of new staff members.
- Keep management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports, summarizing information, and identifying trends.
- Maintain the Admissions Office calendar with campus visits, special events, and vacation schedules.
- Create a master calendar for all large-scale communications to prospective students, area churches, and area schools and ensure that communications go out on time.
- Manage mailing calendar and oversee mass mailings scheduled for Admissions.
- Interface with Information Technology to ensure Enrollment Services is working efficiently with the technology we possess.
- Oversee and manage guest housing coordination.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Cultivate a general understanding of the history, mission, and purpose of Johnson University.
- Assist with recruitment events, registration, and materials production for events.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Some outdoor conditions when dealing with special events.
- Occasional evenings and weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution (required).
- Administrative experience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including email, phone, and one-on-one interaction.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent people skills.
- Average to above-average typing skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Equal Employment Opportunity Provider
Johnson University is a Christian university affiliated with Christian churches and churches of Christ. Its mission is to educate students for “Christian ministries and other strategic vocations framed by the Great Commission in order to extend the kingdom of God among all nations.” Accordingly, Johnson University seeks to hire and educate individuals who share its vision and core values to carry out that mission. Johnson University does not unlawfully discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment practices.
Johnson University does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information, political affiliation, or disability–if such disability may be accommodated without undue hardship—in provision of educational opportunities, programs and activities, or employment opportunities and benefits, pursuant to the requirements of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and subsequent amendments to that act, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972 and subsequent re-authorization of that act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and subsequent amendments to that act.
The University, however, reserves the right under those provisions to make certain employment decisions based on religion, marital status, or sex consistent with the University’s religious beliefs when establishing qualifications for certain positions. Further, as a Christian ministry, the University retains the right to select those who serve in ministerial positions, as that term has been defined by the courts in the context of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, based on criteria established by the University without regard to Title VII, Title IX, or any other federal, state, or local law governing the employment relationship.