What to do if you are Injured

Unexpected injuries or surgeries may cause confusion about what to do next. 

  • Inform your professors: let your professors know about your injury and what effects it may have (attendance, exams, deadlines).
  • Talk with your advisor and the : they will help you by informing professors of your situation and requesting academic accommodations on your behalf. 
  • Meet with an academic coach: The Academic Support Center provides coaches who can help you study any missed material from class
  • Talk with your RA and the Resident Director: your RA and the resident director need to know about your situation so they can provide you with the help that you need
  • Talk with classmates and friends: classmates and friends can help you during your recovery and also help you study for missed classes.

Contact the Disabilities Services Office when:

  • An instructor tells you they need guidance about accommodations
  • There are classrooms you cannot access due to your injury
  • Navigating campus is difficult
  • You need accommodations for testing
  • You need a handicap sticker
    • handicap sticker request

Places to buy or rent mobility equipment​​

5225 Middlebrook Pike
Knoxville, TN 37921-5942

500 Maryville Hwy #201
Seymour, TN 37865

Lamberts Health Care
4901 North Broadway Street
Knoxville, TN 37918

7420 Chapman Highway
Knoxville, TN 37920

7400 Chapman Highway
Knoxville, TN 37920

110 Majestic Grove Road
Knoxville, TN 37920