The Work-Study Program is an element of Student Employment and a means for Johnson University Tennessee to assist students seeking an affordable Christian education. The program provides student employees with practical work experience and eases their financial burden. Student employees learn the job application process, gain valuable work experience, and develop an understanding of workplace ethics.
How to Apply
These items are necessary for Work-Study eligibility:
- Complete the FAFSA.
- Complete the Johnson Financial Aid Check-In: Select that you are interested in campus employment on the Work-Study Program.
- Complete the Work-Study Application: This application form will be sent out by the Work Study Coordinator.
Work-Study Expo and Placement
During the first week of the fall semester, Johnson University will host a job fair event, the Work-Study Expo, for student applicants to actively pursue placement to an open position.
- As applications are received during the summer, they are forwarded to department supervisors to review in preparation for the Work-Study Expo.
- During the Expo, student applicants have the opportunity to interview directly with supervisors. The applicants should have their resume and class schedule available for the supervisors to review. Applicants are encouraged to dress in attire appropriate for a job interview setting.
- The department supervisors will determine which applicants will fill their open positions. Assessed financial need, skills, and prior work experience are considered for these placements.
- Applicants who receive placements will complete required employment paperwork.
- Federal regulations require that two valid identification documents be presented at the time of hire. The documents must be originals; copies are not acceptable. The most common forms of ID are (but not limited to) a passport or a driver's license along with a social security card or birth certificate.
- First-time work-study student employees must also complete a W-4 Form and an I-9 Form at this time.
- Please keep in mind that available positions and hours are limited.
General Information and Forms
Summer Employment Information
The application period for on-campus employment during Summer 2019 is now closed.
For further information, please email the Work-Study Program / Hourly Payroll Coordinator to schedule a meeting time.
Available Meeting Times: Monday through Friday 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.