Unexpected injuries or surgeries may cause confusion about what to do next.
- Inform your professors: let your professors know about your injury and what effects it may have (attendance, exams, deadlines).
- Talk with your advisor and the : they will help you by informing professors of your situation and requesting academic accommodations on your behalf.
- Meet with an academic coach: The Academic Support Center provides coaches who can help you study any missed material from class
- Talk with your RA and the Resident Director: your RA and the resident director need to know about your situation so they can provide you with the help that you need
- Talk with classmates and friends: classmates and friends can help you during your recovery and also help you study for missed classes.
Contact the Disabilities Services Office when:
- An instructor tells you they need guidance about accommodations
- There are classrooms you cannot access due to your injury
- Navigating campus is difficult
- You need accommodations for testing
- You need a handicap sticker