Johnson University Florida is committed to ensuring a safe living and learning environment for all students, faculty, and staff. In order to accomplish this:
- Campus walkways and parking lots are all visible and well lit.
- Each student is assigned a keycard that allows them access to their apartment, the Student Union Building, and other exterior doors.
- Residence Assistants visit student apartments each evening to ensure all students are doing well.
- A professional security service patrols the campus during the overnight hours.
- An emergency response plan is in place to help keep students safe in the event of an emergency. In fact, the University’s Chapman Center is designated as a secondary shelter by Osceola County. For details of JUFL’s emergency response plan, please consult the Student Life Handbook.
The Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report contains information pertaining to any crimes that occurred on or adjacent to JUFL property during the previous three years. The fire safety portion contains University policies and procedures regarding fire safety on campus as well as reports and statistics for the previous calendar year. For more information, please contact the Student Life Office at 407-569-1163.
Text Message Alert System
Johnson University Florida uses a text messaging system to alert students, faculty, and staff of any emergency situation on campus. Users must register in order to receive the text message alerts. The Opt-In Form is available from the Information Technology Office in the Library or the Student Life Office in the Student Union Building (SUB).
Text message alerts will only be sent in the case of an emergency and will provide instructions on the proper response procedures. A test message may be sent once a term to ensure the system is functioning properly. Text message alerts will not be sent for routine campus announcements. Standard messaging rates apply.
The JUFL campus offers ample and convenient parking for students, faculty, staff, and guests. Parking for one vehicle is included in the activity fee for students taking classes on campus. Students will be issued a JUFL parking pass which must be displayed in their vehicle.
Students residing in campus housing who desire a second vehicle may request an additional parking pass from the Student Life Office. If space is available and the request is approved, the student must register the second vehicle in the Student Life Office at the beginning of each term and pay a $45 parking fee for the second vehicle.
Student Vehicle Registration
Student Life Office
For any questions regarding Parking & Campus Safety, please email
or call 407-569-1163