- Based on the highest ACT or SAT score and the final cumulative GPA
- Based on start year
GPA from high school or college
- A college transcript may be used in lieu of a high school transcript for applicants enrolled previously in an institution of higher education, seeking a degree, and successfully completing 12 hours of college credits.
- Must be (minimum of 12 credits per term)
- Initial scholarship is awarded the first year
- In subsequent years, the student must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
Bible Bowl Scholarship
For those who have competed and placed at national, state, or Johnson University competitions, awards are assessed based on review of the certificates upon submission. The award varies based on level of competition and placement as follows regardless of junior or senior high level:
||$2,000/yr (2 yrs)
||$1,500/yr (2 yrs)
||$1,000/yr (2 yrs)
||$500/yr (2 yrs)
$2,000 freshman yr.
$1,000 sophomore yr.
$1,500/yr (2 yrs)
$1,000 freshman yr.
$500 sophomore yr.
||$2,000 freshman yr.
||$1,500 freshman yr.
||$1,000 freshman yr.
Amount: $500 (1 year only) or varies with certificate(s)
Requirements for $500 (1 year only):
- Minimum participation of 3 years in church-organized Bible Bowl competition at the senior high level
- Certificate amounts take priority over 3-year participation award
- Complete the Bible Bowl Scholarship Application
Requirements for certificate amount:
- The amount is determined by the level of competition. The awards cannot be stacked with multiple certificates and scholarship is awarded for the highest placement during years of competition. Please contact the financial aid office to discuss.
How to Apply: Complete the FAFSA, Johnson Financial Aid Check-In, and the Bible Bowl Scholarship Application